Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
A broad-spectrum horse worming paste for the treatment and control of susceptible tapeworms and roundworms (including arterial larval stages of Strongylus vulgaris and benzimidazole resistant small strongyles), bots, and skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. (summer sores) and Onchocerca spp. microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
WHAT IS EQUIMAX®?
- Allwormer effective on all susceptible equine internal parasites including all three species of tapeworm and all three species of bots
- Safe to use on all horses including foals, pregnant mares and breeding stallions
- Palatable oatmeal flavoured paste
- Developed and made in Australia
- Treats horses to 700kg
- Use in adult horses, Equimax is an oatmeal-flavoured, palatable allwormer that effectively treats all major intestinal worms in horses, including all three species of tapeworm and all three species of bots
- Safe to use on all horses including pregnant mares and breeding stallions
- Each tube can treat horses up to 700 kg
WHY CHOOSE EQUIMAX?
- Broad Spectrum Allwormer The combination of abamectin and praziquantel in EQUIMAX provides a broad-spectrum anti-parasiticide for total control of all susceptible equine worms, bots, lungworms, intestinal threadworms, tapeworms and skin parasites (summer sores and neck threadworms).
- Protects against worm related disease Worming strategically involves worming your horse based on the parasite lifecycle and risk of disease. The lifecycle of different parasites mean that they may be more active at different times of the year. Autumn and spring will always be key times to worm all horses. It makes sense to target mectin wormers in the cooler months when bots and small strongyles are more active inside the horse. Mectins are also being overused in adult horses which necessitate the strategic use of other chemicals. Using non-mectin chemicals is typically suited to the warmer months although if summer sores are a problem a mectin product will be needed. Environmental conditions and temperature will also impact your worming program. A wormer only containing a mectin +/- a tapewormer should not be used in horses less than two years of age. Equimax is the ideal adult horse wormer during the cooler months. A Faecal egg count (FEC) can provide an insight into the significance of important worms in your adult horse. If used correctly, a FEC can decrease reliance on worming treatments and extend the life of wormers used today.
- Track record of safety Extensive internal and independent trials have proven the safety and efficacy of EQUIMAX. Safety has been proven in different age groups and life stages of horses including foals, pregnant mares and breeding stallions.
- Treats horses weighing up to 700kg Most horse owners underestimate their horse’s weight by as much as 20%. Underdosing due to underestimating weight can leave horse unprotected against worm related disease and may lead to resistance. EQUIMAX’s 700kg size will treat 99% of Australian horses in a single tube.
- Palatable flavour EQUIMAX is in a palatable oatmeal paste, making it easy to administer.
- Australia’s leading wormer Australia’s most trusted wormer on the market, has proven the test of time with horse owners around Australia trusting EQUIMAX as the most effective and safe wormer available for their horse.
- Developed and made in Australia EQUIMAX is an Australian developed and manufactured product that has been launched into many countries worldwide as the most effective allwormer available for horses.
- Abamectin 3.7 mg/g
- Praziquantel 46.2 mg/g
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Dose at 1mL per 20kg bodyweight (5mL per 100kg).
- Each syringe of EQUIMAX treats a horse up to 700kg.