GastroAid Recovery Powder
Horses have a very fragile gut environment, which can be influenced by a range of lifestyle factors including feed schedules, stress and work load. Some of the most common issues associated with gastric upset includes Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome, and Hindgut Acidosis, both of which can cause a range of physical and behavioural symptoms.
GastroAID is a two-part gastric health supplement that can help alleviate behavioural symptoms associated with Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome and Hindgut Acidosis, as well as promote healthy gut function in all horses.
What is it?
GastroAID is the complete gut health supplement which has been developed and manufactured in Australia. The unique formulation of nutritional ingredients is proven to alleviate behavioural and digestive symptoms in horses suffering from gastric ulceration, hindgut acidosis and assist in complete digestive health of horses.
Why do I need it?
GastroAID has been helping thousands of horses experiencing behavioural and digestive issues, some of the common symptoms GastroAID has helped with include:
- Picky eating
- Dull, rough coat
- Sudden behavioural change
- Lack of energy
- Sensitivity around the girth
- Loose faeces or diarrhoea
- Weight loss
- Poor performance
- Teeth grinding
- Suspect back pain
- Colic: severe complications i.e. duodenal stricture
here is a long list of symptoms for horses with digestive issues that could include ulcers, microbial balance upsets, hindgut acidosis and sub-optimal movement of feed through the digestive tract. Sometimes your horse may not even be displaying consistent symptoms, but you just know that something is off and aren’t sure why.
How does it work?
GastroAID works in 5 ways to improve digestive health:
1. Lines the stomach: GastroAID creates a lining on the stomach wall, helping to prevent gastric acid from further aggravating existing ulcers.
2. Provides antacids: The antacids in GastroAID neutralise excess gastric acid preventing any further damage to the stomach wall, whilst the lining created by GastroAID is forming.
3. Optimises Speed of Digestion: The Agrimos® Beta Glucans in GastroAID provide a highly concentrated source of soluble fibre, which helps optimise digestive speed. This allows for the best possible digestion and uptake of nutrients by the horse.
4. Reduces Incidence of Diarrhoea: The Agrimos® Beta Glucans and Pectins bind to diarrhoea-causing bacteria to reduce occurrence.
5. Optimises Hindgut pH: The Levucell® Live Yeast in GastroAID helps maintain a proper hindgut pH, which is needed for the horse to possess a healthy population of hindgut microbes. These microbes enable optimum digestion and fermentation of feed to make more energy available to the horse (from Volatile Fatty Acids). A healthy hindgut also maintains B-Vitamin production at normal levels and keeps the horse’s natural immunity high.
GastroAID contains two distinct products: GastroAID Digestive and GastroAID Stabiliser.
GastroAID Digestive is a powder designed to be used initially when the symptoms of digestive issues are noticed. It forms a protective gel lining on the stomach wall and protects the horse from further damage.
GastroAID Stabiliser is the second step in the process. It is a pelleted product designed to maintain good gut health. It is safe to feed for extended periods of time, and ideally would be used while ever the horse has limited access to pasture.
The best course of action is to feed GastroAID Digestive for a minimum of 3 weeks, followed by GastroAID Stabiliser to help maintain optimum digestive health.
GastroAID Digestive & GastroAID Stabiliser
– Feed 50g per 100kg of bodyweight, split over 2 feeds. The following table can help you quickly identify the required dose.
|Horse Weight||g per day||Split between feed||Scoops per feed (AM & PM)|
Both GastroAID Digestive and GastroAID Stabiliser are available in a 5.25kg bucket & 21kg bag.
- Wholegrain oat flour
- Lucerne meal
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium oxide
- Calcium Propionate
- Agrimos (beta Glucans)
- Levucell live yeast