Pegasus Liberty® is a high fat, high fibre, low starch nut, that reduces the horse’s reliance on energy from grain.
- Contains the 'Super Fibres' lupin and sunflower hulls that have higher levels of energy than other forages.
- Contains low starch and grain levels which make it safe to feed, particularly for horses prone to tying up, laminitis, colic, grain intolerance or fizzy behaviour.
- Contains high levels of fat which provides cool energy and may reduce fizzy behaviour.
- Provides a source of fibre for horses with limited access to roughage.
- Larger nut size enables longer fibre inclusion and easier retrieval from ground.
- Contains Equi-Jewel®; which provides an added source of fat-based cool energy.
- Provides all of the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals for optimal health and fitness.
- Highly fortified to accommodate a low feeding rate (2-3kg per day).
- High levels of antioxidants, selenium and Vitamin E, to enhance muscle function, recovery and immunity.
- Contains chromium to increase glucose metabolism, decrease lactic acid accumulation and reduce the severity of tying up.
- High level of added electrolytes to help replace sweat losses.
- Contains yeast culture to enhance digestion and mineral absorption.
- Suitable for horses where a diet low in Non-structural carbohydrates (NSC) is desired.
|Nutrients||As fed basis||Nutrients||As fed basis|
|Digestible Energy (min)||11.0MJ/kg||Crude Protein (min)||13.0%|
|Lysine||0.5%||Crude Fibre (max)||25.0%|
|Crude Fibre (min)||17.5%||Starch||7.0%|
|NDF||35%||Added Salt (max)||1.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||8.0%||Calcium (min)||1.0%|
|Iron||300 mg/kg||Manganese||175 mg/kg|
|Copper||60 mg/kg||Selenium||1 mg/kg|
|Iodine||1.2 mg/kg||Cobalt||0.1 mg/kg|
|Vitamin A||17000 IU/kg||Vitamin D3||1800 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||360 IU/kg||Vitamin K3||7 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B1||12 mg/kg||Vitamin B2||17 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B6||6 mg/kg||Vitamin B12||49 ug/kg|
|Biotin||0.22 ug/kg||Vitamin B3||90 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B9||7 mg/kg||Vitamin B5||27 mg/kg|
Sunflower Seeds, Lupin Hulls, Lupins, Oaten Hay, Cereal Hay, Lucerne Hay, Cereal Byproducts, Canola meal, Soybean meal, Equi-Jewel®, Molasses, Canola Oil, Limestone, Salt, KER Vitamin/Trace Mineral Premix, Magnesium Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Live Yeast Culture, Organic Chromium, Mould Inhibitor.
Liberty® should be fed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% body weight of good quality roughage in the form of pasture, hay or chaff
Liberty® should be introduced slowly to the diet over 7-10 days
The amount fed should be divided into at least two feeds daily, with a maximum of 3kg of Liberty® per feed
Added electrolytes may be required during periods of heavy sweating.
Clean, fresh water should be available at all times.