MYCOSORB A+ is the future of myctoxin binders. Offering superior binding capabilities, a broader adsorption profile, and increased efficacy, MYCOSROB A+ is regarded as the most advanced product of its kind, and has been continually trusted by horse trainers for years all across the world.
- May contribute to the management of the impact of mycotoxins,
- May supports immune function,
- May contributes to the control of mycotoxins,
- Reduces mycotoxin absorption within horses, and reduces risk factors associated with the damaging effects of mycotoxins.
What are mycotoxins? Mycotoxins are produced by moulds commonly found in grains, mixed feed, forages, and bedding. They are generally referred to as being of either 'field' (Fusarium and Endophyte toxins) or 'storage' (Penicillium and Aspergillus) origin. They are implicated in a variety of acute equine health problems including colic, hypersensitivity, abortions, and neurological disorders. Chronic cases can lead to cumulative effects such as damage to organ function, reduced growth, infertility, and respiratory problems. Affected horses can appear agitated with possible head shaking, decreased appetite, and performance.
Mycotoxins in Forages and Pasture: Mouldy hay is avoided by horse owners due of the danger of mycotoxins and dust caused by mould spores, which predisposes respiratory problems or ‘barn lung’. Mycotoxin-producing fungi also grow on pasture grasses, exposing grazing mares and others to occasional or cumulative toxin effects. Australian climate conditions, in particular sub-tropical areas, favour the explosive proliferation of fungi and mycotoxin, such as:
- Ergot alkaloids in fescue,
- Lolitrem B in perennial ryegrass,
- Foals and weanlings: 5g /head/day
- Stallions, yearlings, performance horses: 10g/head/day
- Breeding horses, race horses, high Mycotoxin challenge: 15 – 30g /head/day
Usage rates may differ under extreme circumstances (sub-tropical areas, clinical signs).Please speak with your veterinarian for optimum feeding rates in these cases.
MYCOSORB A+ is only to be used as part of a balanced diet.
When using this product, always ensure horses have access to plenty of clean drinking water