Protexin Probiotic consists of seven different naturally occurring bacteria and two yeasts to assist in the establishment or re-establishment of healthy gut microflora. The effectiveness and synergy of these strains has been proven in years of trials and production application. Protexin Probiotic is often recommended following the use of antibiotics as well as after cases of diarrhoea and digestive disturbances.
- An aid during periods of intestinal dysfunction in all animals, including treatment and control of scouring or diarrhoea, exclusion and suppression of pathogens such as E. coli, Salmonella spp. and Aeromonas spp.
- Post-antibiotic therapy in all animals for the re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotic usage.
- Improved weight gains and feed conversion in growing pigs and cattle.
- Productivity improvements and reduced mortality in poultry.
- Aids in the establishment of gastrointestinal microflora of physiologically immature animals, e.g. day old chicks, neonatal calves, pigs, foals, lambs and kids, puppies and kittens.
What is a Probiotic and how does it work?
The digestive system of all animals and birds is home to literally billions of bacteria and yeasts referred to as Microflora.
Microflora are essential to the health of any animal; aiding the digestion, breaking down cellulose and other indigestible substances; helping the synthesis and absorption of vitamins and minerals; stimulating the immune system and preventing the proliferation of pathogens. (Pathogens reduce nutrient absorption, animal performance and cause disease).
Benefits of Using Protexin
Improved Growth in Farm Animals
This is generally regarded as resulting from the suppression of a subclinical infection by a growth depressing micro-organism; such a mechanism has been described for antibiotic growth promotion.
Improved Utilisation of Food
Achieved by increasing the efficiency of the existing digestive processes and/or by promoting the digestion of previously indigestible substances.
Reduced Intestinal Dysfunction
This includes treatment and control of scouring or diarrhoea and the exclusion or suppression of pathogens E.Coli, Salmonella, and Aeromonas spp.
Generated by increasing resistance to infectious diseases either by direct antagonism or by stimulating immunity.
Establishment/Re-establishment of Microflora
For the establishment of healthy gut microflora in immature animals or the re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotic use.
Dosage and Administration
Please see the following link:Dosage and Administration