White Willow Bark Powder
White Willow is a bitter, digestive herb, with the bark being the potent part.
Famous for being the original source of salicylic acid (the precursor to aspirin), but unlike aspirin, it does not thin the blood.
- Used for thousands of years to relieve joint pain and manage fevers
- An excellent remedy for arthritic and rheumatic pain affecting joints
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- May assist in improving circulation
- Recognised as an antiseptic, analgesic, tonic and astringent
- Pain reliever, known as a natural alternative for 'bute'
- Relieves inflammation and swelling and works to improve mobility in aching, painful joints
The balance of ingredients found in white willow bark poses almost no ill-effects on the gastro-intestinal tract. Aspirin, even in tiny doses, can cause ulcers, blood-vessel fragility and irritation to the digestive system. White Willow Bark Powder may be used safely for long periods.
White willow bark can be used in an external hoof-oil preparation for general healing and hoof health. Simply mix with linseed (flaxseed) oil and apply as needed. Use as a hoof-problem preventative, or to improve circulation of the hoof.
May be used if your horse has sore joints, swollen legs, sore back, suffered from an injury, has onset arthritis or is sore from competition.
10-30g per day/500kg horse
10g = 1 tablespoon approximately
Do not feed to pregnant mares.
This product may be swabbed.
May be of benefit for improving or promoting health or production or performance. Consult your vet before treating any illness.