Organic, 100% Pure.
The inner bark of the Slippery Elm is one of the best soothing remedies for inflammation, internally and externally. Slippery Elm's mucilage properties work to soothe and coat injured and inflamed tissue. Slippery Elm is recognised for treating a wide array of respiratory, digestive and urinary problems. Slippery Elm may also be used externally when mixed with water as a poultice for wounds and inflammation.
- Soothes and protects inflamed tissue
- Highly beneficial for the treatment and/or preventative maintenance of equine gastric ulcers
- Regulates intestinal flora in the gut
- May assist with the management of diarrhoea and in the aftercare of some colic cases
- Used for treatment of colds, flu and sore throats
- The older horse will benefit from the bark's nutritional value
Slippery Elm Bark Powder contains calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3 and C.
Note that Slippery Elm Bark Powder is also known as Moose Elm and Red Elm.
2-4 tablespoons a day mixed in damp feed.
1 tablespoon = 10g approx.
Highly recommend feeding Slippery Elm Bark Powder in conjunction with our Aloe Vera for the treatment of ulcers.
You should avoid feeding Slippery Elm to a horse that is being administered any other medication that needs to be absorbed through the gut wall.
May be of benefit for improving or promoting health or production or performance. Consult your vet before treating any illness.